The purpose of the skills program is that qualifying learners are able to prepare, prime and coat absorbent and non-absorbent surfaces using conventional construction painting skills, without supervision.
The range of typical learners include persons involved in:
– Surface preparation before painting
– Area preparation
– Selecting and applying different paints to different surfaces according to specification, using paint techniques to apply undercoats and final coats, and to varnish surfaces
– Handling the required equipment
25 Days / or 20 Days (Limited)
Minimum of 12 / Maximum of 20
Form of Assessment
Portfolio of Evidence
Formative assessment: Evidence of performance will be collected continuously as Learners progress and will be considered in the final determination of the learners capabilities.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
– Apply health & safety to a work area
– Establish and prepare a work area
– Prepare and prime new surfaces
– Paint Surfaces