The Purpose of this skills program is to provide learners with a basic understanding as well as application of: Knowledge and skills to maintain, set calibrate and operate tractors and implements in an agricultural setting. In addition they will be positioned to extend their learning and practice into other areas of agriculture ensuring profitability of agricultural enterprises.
The range of typical learners include persons interested in gaining a better understanding of basic operator practices and start their own agricultural enterprise.
Minimum of 12 / Maximum of 20
Form of Assessment
Portfolio of Evidence
Formative assessment: Evidence of performance will be collected continuously as Learners progress and will be considered in the final determination of the learners capabilities.
– Safety precautions.
– Pre start inspections and minor maintenance.
– Gear selections.
– Hitching of various implements.
– Unhitching of implements.
– Manoeuvring of tractor with implements.
– Practical driving of a tractor with implements.
– Fault finding.
– Fuel consumption.
If the need of the client is specific implements like calibration of:
– Chemical sprays etc. the trainer will concentrate on these items