To provide essential skills in the maintenance of roadworks.
For persons who work or intend to work within a construction context on a site and who seek recognition for essential skills in construction operations in roadworks.
Minimum of 152/ Maximum of 20
Form of Assessment
Portfolio of Evidence
Formative assessment: Evidence of performance will be collected continuously as Learners progress and will be considered in the final determination of the learners capabilities.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
– Apply health & safety to a work area
– Identify, describe and use materials in civil engineering construction
– Implement roadside safety procedures
– Use and maintain small plant and equipment on a construction site
– Maintain and repair bituminous road surfaces
– Use a small self propelled compactor to compact material